We empower individuals to become passionate, solution‐minded Information Technology professionals by fostering: continuous innovation, research, leadership development, interdisciplinary problem solving, and real‐world experience.
Information Technology Programs
- Graduates of the IT program will be prepared to gain employment as an IT professional.
- Graduates of the IT program will function effectively as individuals and team members in the workplace, growing into highly technical or project management and leadership roles.
- Graduates of the IT program will pursue life-long learning, and obtain the tools to successfully identify and adapt to ever changing technologies.
- Graduates of the IT program, if they are inclined, will be able to continue their formal education and be accepted to relevant graduate degree programs and succeed in these studies.
- The student demonstrates an understanding of security implications and integrates this knowledge into their application of software development and networking/systems.
- The student utilizes modern coding standards and industry best practices to develop software solutions for problems facing users and organizations.
- The student designs proper network configuration, demonstrates an understanding of network protocols/services and is able to perform network troubleshooting.
- The student implements, integrates, and manages databases for common workplace needs.
- The student installs and maintains client and server operating systems and their associated network services, users, and file systems.
- The student identifies users' needs, analyzes tasks, and identifies user profiles to build an interactive software application interface using iterative design methodology based on the user centered development practices.
- The student implements and applies project management principles.
- The student communicates effectively with peers and stakeholders in oral and written modes.
- The student demonstrates collaborative problem-solving and teaming skills.
- The student demonstrates an understanding of professionalism and the importance of ethics in the workplace.
The IT + Accelerated programs are elite programs that allow students to get a master's degree along with the BSIT degree.
Please contact Lauren Kirgis with questions about the IT + Accelerated programs.