Health Promotion and Education Graduate Programs
About the Program
Our nationally recognized Master of Science in Health Promotion and Education is an ideal choice if you are interested in helping people and communities to adopt healthy behaviors, healthy lifestyles, and committed toward helping others in the community to lead healthier lives. Our Master's program allows students to choose one of two concentrations:
- Public and Community Health: This concentration has been especially designed for those who want to work in helping others in community health settings, health departments, nonprofit agencies, wellness centers, hospitals, corporate wellness programs, and health organizations. Course offerings include all of the major areas of health education based on the Seven Areas of Responsbility for Health Educators. Successful completion of the degree prepares students to receive the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®) credential after passing the national exam.
- Exercise and Fitness: This concentration has been designed for students who want to work as health educators in fitness-related settings such as corporate or commercial health/fitness centers, YMCAs, recreation departments, and more. Students will have their choice of a culminating experience including thesis or extended internship. The program is grounded in current research and evidence-based practices in the field of health promotion and health education. Our graduates have earned full-time positions throughout the US.
- MPH – Health Education and Health Promotion: The Health Education and Health Promotion concentration prepares students for health education positions within public health agencies, voluntary health agencies, business and industry, and healthcare associated organizations. Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam offered by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC). The University of Cincinnati MPH program is a highly competitive graduate degree program accepting candidates who demonstrate the capacity and motivation to develop Health Education programs and take leadership within organizations promoting the public’s health.
Our Bachelor of Science and Minor programs are preparing the next generation of leaders in health promotion.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Public Health | Health Promotion & Education
- Health Promotion & Education | Minor
- Public Health | Minor
- Sport Coaching | Certificate - coming soon