Scholarship Application FAQS
The deadline to apply for 2021-2022 CECH Scholarships is Monday, December 21, 2020.
The CECH scholarship application opens on Monday, November 16, 2020.
Am I eligible to apply?
Yes, if you are an undergraduate student with a University GPA of 3.2 or higher and will be enrolled in a CECH degree program as of fall semester 2021. Submit your application here!
- If you will be a graduate student in 2021-2022, do not complete this application; see your School for any graduate scholarship availability.
- If you will be an incoming freshman during 2021-2022, do not complete this application. You will be contacted automatically by the Scholarship Committee if you receive a CECH scholarship (which is based upon early applicants' admission information).
When is the deadline?
You must "sign" and submit your application on-line in its entirety by the deadline date and time of 5:00 pm, Monday, December 21, 2020. The application is open from Monday, November 16, 2020 to Monday, December 21, 2020.
Scholarship Application system
Please be sure to complete all stages of the application. Once the application is submitted, you will not be able to return and edit your application. Please make sure to accurately fill in all required information.
When will I know if I've been awarded a scholarship?
In the first few weeks of March 2021, the Scholarship Committee will notify you by UC email if you have received a scholarship. Students who do not receive a scholarship will be notified shortly thereafter.
- Unfortunately, information regarding decisions cannot be given by phone.
- The mail and email addresses that you provide will be used in future scholarship correspondence, including award notices. The Scholarship Committee is not responsible for misdirected mail or email. For privacy, if you are a current UC student, only your official UC email account will be used for email correspondence.
What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?
Scholarships are limited and highly competitive; however, the Scholarship Committee believes in rewarding as many of our deserving students as possible. Most awards are given for high academic merit, but additional achievements, current and future goals, volunteer experience, financial need, and other criteria listed within the application are taken into consideration.
- Most scholarships are non-renewable; you must re-apply for most CECH scholarships every year.
Need more help?
- If you have technical questions regarding the online application - or -
- If you have questions regarding the general scholarship process - or -
- If you have trouble finding someone to write your reference letter - or -
- If you need to make a major correction after submitting your application on-line in its entirety.
Best wishes from the CECH Scholarship Committee!