Master of Science in Information Technology 4+1 Program
The Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) 4+1 Program provides all undergraduate College of Arts and Sciences (A&S) students and recent alumni with a seamless pathway to the MSIT program.
Students who complete this program earn a bachelor's degree + master's degree in Information Technology in just five years.
Information Technology is a fast-growing discipline and IT professionals are needed in every sector of our society. This program is a great way to save time and make an advanced degree more accessible and affordable!
Want to learn more? Register for our virtual information session on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 2 pm EDT.
Frequently Asked Questions
The MSIT 4+1 Program is available to all undergraduate students enrolled in any one of the majors in the College of Arts and Sciences and recent alumni of A&S.
No, students from any A&S major are eligible for this program.
- FIll out the MSIT 4+1 Declaration Form.
- Complete four required undergraduate IT courses with a B or higher in each course.
- Receive an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Complete the official graduate application when you are ready to start your Masters program and receive guaranteed admission.
- Start the MSIT within three years of completing your Bachelors degree from A&S.
- IT 2030C Information Security & Assurance
- IT 1081C Systems Administration
- IT 1090C Computer Programming
- IT 2060C Database Management
Yes, the scholarship will only cover courses that are counting towards your MSIT degree and is only available for a maximum of five semesters from the start of your MSIT program. Students will receive a scholarship towards their graduate MSIT required courses equivalent to 25% of the graduate tuition rate.
No, the GRE is waived for qualified applicants who meet the requirements of this program.
To receive an IT Minor, you would need to declare your minor, take the four required courses (IT 2030C, IT 1081C, IT 1090C, IT 2060C), and complete two additional IT courses:
- IT 1050 Fundamentals of IT
- IT 3000+ level elective of your choice
Ready to Begin?
For questions related to the MSIT program or general questions about the 4+1 program, please contact Lauren Kirgis, Assistant Director of Graduate Programs in the School of Information Technology.