Urban Educational Leadership, EdD
Leaders, policymakers, and administrators are increasingly asked to respond to many challenges in our K-12 and higher education systems. Several of these challenges are related directly to issues that include aspects of equity and social justice.
The Urban Educational Leadership EdD is a new online advanced degree at the University of Cincinnati for mid-career and senior-level professionals who strongly desire to make transformative education leadership the center of their practice. These professionals are interested in expanding their careers through various leadership roles in school districts and institutions of higher education.
Our urban education leadership program online doctorate is designed around six essential principles. They include:
- Practice-embedded with a focus on the real-world challenges facing educational leaders today.
- Value-driven and designed around research-practice partnerships, equity, and justice principles.
- Flexibility for working professionals can complete this program online through coursework with meaningful professional learning and collaboration opportunities.
- Rigorous with A scaffolded course sequence to develop deep expertise in leadership, policy, and research methods, and taught by outstanding faculty and scholar-practitioners.
- Research-intensive with a culminating 3-article dissertation experience embedded in coursework and supported by noted scholars in their disciplines
- Connected to a leading public urban university in a thriving city, UC is an innovative top 100 School of Education, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Complete this program entirely online.
- Choose between two concentrations to centralize your efforts: K-12 or Higher Education.
- Focus on policy, leadership, and transformative change across various settings (e.g., rural, suburban, and urban).
- Complete the program in 36 Months at part-time status (year three comprises dissertation credits).