Literacy and Second Language Studies -Online
About the Program
Our online Master’s in Literacy and Second Language Studies is designed to encourage professional educators, like you, to broaden and deepen your understanding of the social, cultural, linguistic, and institutional factors that contribute to a person’s ability to read and write in a first or second language. Our program offers three concentration options: (1) PreK-16 Literacy and Learning Instruction, (2) Postsecondary Literacy Instruction, and (3) PreK-12 Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) Focus.
By graduation, you will have:
- effective design and implementation of reading and writing curricula
- assessment and evaluation of reading and writing difficulties
- practice with a variety of instructional methods to foster the literacy learning of diverse student populations
- strategies for critically analyzing foundational and current research in the field of literacy and second language studies
The University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Curriculum and Concentrations
Find out more about the graduate Literacy & Second Language Studies curriculum.
The program offers courses in the following areas of concentration:
- PreK-16 Literacy and Learning Instruction
- Postsecondary Literacy Instruction
- PreK-12 Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)