Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certificate
About the Program
The University of Cincinnati offers reduced tuition rates for PreK-12 teachers to enhance their current credentials through our PreK-12 Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Endorsement Graduate Certificate program. The TESOL Endorsement Graduate Certificate is aligned with the TESOL International Association’s standards and the State of Ohio’s TESOL standards. This Endorsement Graduate Certificate is offered online in response to the growing population of English language learners in U.S. classrooms and the academic demand at national and international levels.
The School of Education at the University of Cincinnati is consistently ranked as a top institution in the field of Education. Most recently, US News and World Report placed it in the top 100 Best Education Schools (2016).
This PreK - 12 TESOL Endorsement Graduate Certificate is geared toward individuals who are licensed in single or multiple subject areas and are interested in teaching English as a Second Language (ESL).
The program is designed to:
- meet the national TESOL standards
- prepare theoretically-informed and practically-equipped ESL teachers, curriculum developers and program administrators
- support the growing population of English Language Learners (ELL) in U.S. classrooms
The University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- LSLS 7053: Foundations of First and Second Language Acquisition
- LSLS 7060: Applied Liguistics
- LSLS 7069: PreK - 12 TESOL Methods
- LSLS 7070: Assessment for K -12 TESOL
- LSLS 7078: Practicum in TES