- UC Chapter of the American Counseling Association’s Counselors for Social Justice
- Exercise Science Student Organization
- Society of Sport Leaders
- Women in SPAD
Doctoral Student Travel Funds
Certain times during the academic year, funding may become available to support doctoral student travel to national professional conferences, for those students presenting research. If you are a doctoral student in the School of Human Services, you will receive an email with more information on how to apply for these funds.
UC’s Graduate Student Governance Association (GSGA) has travel awards for graduate students. We encourage you to apply for those funds as well. For more information please visit their website, and contact Amanda Carlisle, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
To Accept Your Award
If you have received an email informing you that you have received a travel award, please follow the steps below. Remember to keep receipts (paper or electronic) for expenses you will be claiming reimbursement for. Funds can be applied to standard travel costs (airfare, hotel, meals, conference registration, mileage, parking, ground transportation, etc.)
Once Travel Is Completed
- Submit a signed A113 Travel Expense Report with your receipts attached as a pdf to Julie Wagner, email@example.com. This must be completed within 30 calendar days after your trip ends.
- Email to Julie Wagner the following:
- Picture of you presenting.
- Presentation information in APA citation format.
- Digital copy of your poster or presentation.
3. After receiving this information, the amount of your award will be applied to your student account in the form of a scholarship. Refunds will then be processed, per the University refund policy, provided there is no balance due on your bill. If there is a balance due, these funds will be applied toward it.