Set Up Username
- Go to OneStop Student Services Website
- on the left, click on Personal Information
- on the left, click on get my username
- enter the information requested, then click Find My Username button
- your username will be displayed, as well as your UCID (i.e., M#); note both of these!
- Go to the Outlook Web App.
- Enter your username, and your initial password; your initial password is Uc!mmddyyyy (where your date of birth replaces mmddyyyy). Passwords are CASE SENSITIVE.
- You will be prompted to change your password and enter security questions. Remember your password!
- if for some reason this doesn't work, contact the UC Help Desk at 513-556-HELP.
- If you ever forget your password, contact the UC Help Desk at 513-556-HELP.
Log Into Catalyst
After logging in, explore the tabs along the top of the page:
- My Dashboard: Find your Account Summary, To Do list, control your Bearcat Card, grant access to parents.
- My Academics: Search for classes, add/drop classes, check grades.
- My Finances: Pay bills, link to FAFSA (financial aid application), check financial aid status.
- My Admission: Confirm your admission, check transfer credit status.
Some of the important tasks you will complete via Catalyst:
- View/Pay Tuition Bills – click on the My Finances tab along the top of the page to find the amount due and other information about due dates and financial aid. You can also sign up for a payment plan within My Finances
- Financial Aid—You will find links to the federal financial aid application within the My Finances page. When you are officially confirmed in the UC Reading Endorsement Certificate, you will be eligible for federal financial aid as long as you're taking at least 6 hours.
- Registering for classes -- you will be registering yourself for your classes once you receive the Registration Email from us. Click on the My Academics tab, then Add/Drop Classes along the left column. Do NOT do this now! Wait for the email from us, as we'll give you class information you'll need to complete this process. The registration process is set up to resemble an online shopping experience.
- 1) search for a course
- 2) choose your course by clicking the red select button,
- 3) place your selected course in a “shopping cart” by clicking next
- 4) click on NEW SEARCH and repeat steps 1-3 for all courses
- 5) click on your “shopping cart”
- 6) select all needed courses and click on enroll to add the course(s) to your schedule
- 7) click on FINISH ENROLLING
- Your Class Schedule -- once you have registered, you can find your class schedule under My Academics - View My Schedule, also along the left column.
- Dropping classes -- this is a note for later, and some of this won't be completely clear until you've registered. Once you are registered, if you must drop a class, you must do this yourself; we cannot do this for you! If you must drop, sooner is better than later, as there are penalties for dropping after classes have begun. To drop a class, go to My Academics - Add/Drop Classes. Find the Drop link towards the top of the page. Select the class you want to drop, and then click the DROP SELECTED CLASSES button. Please let us know if you drop a class!
Log into your Email
- Go to the main University of Cincinnati website.
- At the top right corner of the page, click on the wrench icon (i.e. tools).
- Click on the Student Email option.
- Enter your username and password.
- Your email is based on your username and an "@" followed by the UC address (this can vary).
- Send an email to your home email so you know how your UC email address looks; you may want to know this for future reference.
How to log in to Blackboard
- Go to the main University of Cincinnati website.
- At the top right corner of the page, click on the wrench icon (i.e. tools)
- Click on the Canopy & Blackboard option
- Login with your username and password
- After you have registered, you will find My Courses listed along the right. Clicking on one of them will take you into that course. Note that if the course says (unavailable) then it is either:
- not yet ready for student viewing as the instructor is still in the process of creating the class; or
- the instructor has merged your class with other sections of the same class; in this case, you will find another listing that says something like
- meta_[instructor username]_7###:_(Meta_[term])_[abbreviated course name]
- example: meta_johnoho_7375:_(Meta_13FS)_Literacy_Linguistic_Cultural_Tool
- In these cases, you'll use the meta course instead.
- From Blackboard, you'll also have access to Catalyst/OneStop (tab at the top of the page), the UC Libraries (see below), and other functions.
You can access the library system in two ways:
- via Blackboard -- it's one of the tabs along the top of the Blackboard main page
- On the university's main website, you can access the Libraries via Menu in the top left corner
- when you link to the library page, you'll see the main search box in the center of the page. This is a key word search, so you can put in authors or titles, or combinations of them.
- OFF CAMPUS ACCESS -- when you first try to use the library system and you are not on a UC computer, you will be asked to login using your username and password.
- explore the library site, as it can be very useful to you.