Substance Abuse Prevention Certificate
Earn a Certificate in Substance Abuse Prevention online through the University of Cincinnati. Become a state and nationally certified Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist in this growing career field. Designed for counselors, educators, military service personnel, and criminal justice professionals, this certificate will expand your skills and knowledge in working with addicted persons and their families in just 6 online courses.
At completion of this certificate, you will be prepared to pass the national certification exam and state exam for Ohio to become a certified Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist.
The Substance Abuse Prevention Certificate was developed by a team of academic specialists and practitioners in the field to help students and career professionals gain the knowledge, competencies and skills needed to work with the addicted population and those who have been affected by exposure to addictive behavior. Aspects of the program are well suited for those who come in contact with and may assist addicted persons and their families, including:
- Probation, parole and corrections officers
- Social workers and guidance counselors
- Mental health professionals
- Nurses and other medical staff
- Psychiatrists and psychologists
- Military personnel
- Certified professionals who may want to enhance their career opportunities
- Licensed professional counselors