Study Abroad CECH
The College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services supports students pursuing non co-op related study abroad opportunities. There are programs that last for 1-3 weeks, a summer, a semester, or an entire year, and opportunities are available for all CECH majors. Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
If you are participating in study abroad program, please follow the deadlines listed below and apply through our online application for funding opportunities. Only complete applications will be considered and funding is awarded based on application merit.
- July 1st for Fall Semester travel
- November 1st for Spring Semester travel
- March 1st for Summer Semester travel
If you have questions, or want more information, contact Ethan Fletcher, Assistant Director for Advising.
Recent Study Abroad Adventures
Top destinations for recent CECH students include Costa Rica, Spain, Ireland, Germany, the UK, Italy, Japan, India, China, Belize, South Africa, and many other countries. Where will your travels take you?
Benefits of Studying Abroad
- Immersing yourself in new and foreign cultures
- Gaining new insights and perspectives about our increasingly interconnected world
- Challenging yourself and stepping outside of your comfort zone
- Increasing your knowledge in an industry by studying it and visiting with professionals in a different country
- Gaining an understanding of other cultures, societies, value systems, and ways of conducting business
- Thinking critically and challenging your views and perceptions of the world and others
- Conducting research/projects in places with cultures, customs, and norms that differ from those in the U.S.
- Meeting new people and making new friends and connections
- Developing new language and communication skills
- Growing academically, personally, and professionally