COVID-19 College Updates
As more information and details unfold related to COVID-19, we will be sure to keep all informed on decisions and updates as it relates to CECH. Currently our students, staff, and faculty will continue their studies and business operations remotely until further notice.
CECH Begins to Reopen
The university has begun to reopen the campus this past month. However, this process does not come without proper housekeeping and safety precautions that staff, faculty, and students must adhere to in order to keep our campus safe. Below are some of the following changes that are in place:
- Employees are responsible for emptying their indivudal office trash and recycling cans inot larger hallway receptacles.
- Housekeeping will deliver cleaning kits that includes wipes and sanitizing spray to all mail locations and classrooms. If you need additional cleaning materials in classrooms, contact UC Work Control at 558-2500. The cleaning instructions can be found on the UC facilities webpage. Further housekeeping information can be found on their webpage as well.
For further questions or requests, please contact Greg Hollon.
Return to Campus Plan Assessments
When returning to the campus for the first time, all employees and students must successfully complete a brief online session administerd by University Health Services to ensure awareness of CDC and ODH guidelines.
Before coming to campus each day, all members of the campus community must complete a wellness check based on CDC and ODH guidelines. Any employee who exhibits symptoms that may be related to COVID-19, should contact University Health Services immediatley.
COVID-19 College Updates
- Please continue to monitor UC's Public Health Department website for further details as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Emergency Relief Fund: The University of Cincinnati Foundation has started an Emergency Relief Fund to aid in the financial relief of currently enrolled Bearcats. To find out how to contribute to the Emergency Relief Fund, visit the Emergency Relief Family page.
- The University of Cincinnati has several emergency funds available to assist with unexpected expenses in emergency situations. Disbursed funds do not have to be repaid. There are two funds that you can apply for: Student Emergency Fund and Bearcat Emergency Fund. Please review both funds to determine which best meets your needs.
- Create a routine. Treat your work day like you would if you were in the office. Set up a dedicated work space.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media.
- Care for your body. Take deep breaths, stretch or meditate. Try to eat healthy, exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep.
- Connect with others. Talk with people about how you’re feeling.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.