COVID-19 College Updates
As more information and details unfold related to COVID-19, we will be sure to keep all informed on decisions and updates as it relates to CECH. Currently our students, staff, and faculty will continue their studies and business operations remotely until further notice.
Covid Contact and Tracing Plan
Efforts to create a welcoming campus environment and reduce risk to keep members of our campus community healthy continue.
- Learn more about the university's COVID Contact and Tracing Plan.
Additional health and safety updates as well as academic and general campus updates are provided below.
CECH Building Information
The university has reopened campus for the Sprin Semester, which includes proper housekeeping and safety precautions that staff, faculty, and students must adhere to in order to keep our campus safe. For those of you returning to campus in the coming days, please be aware of the following changes:
- The Teachers-Dyer Complex will be unlocked from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday, and 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Fridays.
- During that time, three main entrances/exits will be unlocked: the 4th floor breezeway nearest the CECH library, the main entrance from the TDC courtyard, and the east entrance nearest CCM and Backstage Drive
- Edwards 1 will be unlocked from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Access to the building outside of these times will be by UC badge for faculty and staff only.
- Employees are responsible for emptying their indivudal office trash and recycling cans inot larger hallway receptacles.
- Housekeeping will deliver cleaning kits that includes wipes and sanitizing spray to all mail locations and classrooms. If you need additional cleaning materials in classrooms, contact UC Work Control at 558-2500. The cleaning instructions can be found on the UC facilities webpage. Further housekeeping information can be found on their webpage as well.
For further questions or requests, please contact Greg Hollon.
The CECH Library will be in the Spring Semester.
- The library will be closed the week of January 4, 2021.
- Week of January 11, 2021 and beyond:
- Open Monday - Friday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Daily Click & Collect
- 4th floor will remain closed
- Collection browsing is available by appointment
Contact CECH Library staff for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact Autism Shout Out!
We would like to give a huge thank you to Impact Autism for establishing a cleaning internship for Impact associates. You will see Impact associates working through TDC to provide us with an added layer of protection to keep us all safe. More information about Impact Autism can be found in the attached document.
Return to Campus Plan Assessments
Before coming to campus each day, all members of the campus community must complete a wellness check based on CDC and ODH guidelines. Any employee who exhibits symptoms that may be related to COVID-19, should contact University Health Services immediatley.
- Please continue to monitor UC's Public Health Department website for further details as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Emergency Relief Fund: The University of Cincinnati Foundation has started an Emergency Relief Fund to aid in the financial relief of currently enrolled Bearcats. To find out how to contribute to the Emergency Relief Fund, visit the Emergency Relief Family page.
- The University of Cincinnati has several emergency funds available to assist with unexpected expenses in emergency situations. Disbursed funds do not have to be repaid. There are two funds that you can apply for: Student Emergency Fund and Bearcat Emergency Fund. Please review both funds to determine which best meets your needs.
- Create a routine. Treat your work day like you would if you were in the office. Set up a dedicated work space.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media.
- Care for your body. Take deep breaths, stretch or meditate. Try to eat healthy, exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep.
- Connect with others. Talk with people about how you’re feeling.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.