Special Education Ed.D.
The purpose of our Special Education doctoral program is to prepare you to be a leader in special education through teacher education and research, organizational and district leadership, or classroom teacher leadership. You will work closely with faculty to focus on modern issues and research topics affecting the field of special education.
After successfully completing an initial course sequence focused on special education, urban education, theory, and introductory research tools, you will select a specialty for developing expert knowledge and skills. Through coursework and internship, you’ll develop specialized skills in the research and practices in your chosen area.
The School of Education is ranked among the top 50 schools in the nation for the Special Education program (College Factual).
Our Special Education Ed.D. program is offered on campus:
By graduation, you will be able to:
- Be skilled in the design of inquiry, interventions, or systems appropriate to your discipline
- Be able to apply information from a knowledge base to the solution of problems that advance the discipline to some ideal state
- Be able and willing to reflect on your experiences, the literature of your field, and the experiences of others as these relate to the practice of your discipline
- Uphold the ethics, values, and intellectual traditions of the discipline you chose to join
- Enter into careers in university teaching and research, public school teaching and administration, government agencies, private business and consulting