CECH Transition and Access Program
We Are UC!
Since its inception in 2012, TAP provides a four-year college experience for individuals with mild to moderate intellectual or developmental disabilities (ID/DD). Students live in the residence halls, attend classes, engage in vocational internships and participate in an active social life. TAP's mission is to enhance the quality of life of students through advocacy, access, and research. TAP aims to provide a post-secondary experience for all persons who desire it.
- Access to campus living, TAP and UC Academic courses, and recreational activities
- Committed faculty, staff, peer mentors, and job coaches
- Earn a certificate of completion of 4-year program
- Approved as a Comprehensive Transition Program - CTP (ability to apply for Pell Grant and FAFSA)
- Engages in internships and competitive paid employment
- Develops social skills, health and wellness, and life-long learning
- Promotes self-advocacy
- Increases social capital