Instructional Design and Technology
Combine Education and Technology to Make a Difference
Instructional Design and Technology (IDT) is one of the fastest growing facets in education. The University of Cincinnati's Instructional Design and Technology program teaches you how to create, design, integrate, and execute new and exciting instructional options through a variety of multimedia platforms. This program also provides an understanding of how to identify a learning-related issue within an academic, company, and/or organizational setting and develop learning solutions through use of technology.
Pursuing a graduate degree in Instructional Design and Technology at UC can pave the way for a fulfilling and dynamic career. This industry is projected to experience significant growth over the next decade, according to the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics. By obtaining a degree in this field, you can position yourself to take advantage of a wide range of exciting career opportunities, including:
- Technology Training Developer
- Instructional Design Project Manager
- Learning Experience Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Educational Game Developer
- Training Specialist
- Learning and Development Specialist
- Learning Technologist
Be a part of our community and advance edcuation through design an technology. Our IDT program has a 100% job placement rate amongst our graduates!
To learn more about our Master of Education in Instructional Design and Technology, please fill out the form below and our Graduate Enrollment Advisor will respond to you within 24-48 business hours.
While in this program, I gained insights into how to effectively integrate technology into instructional settings in order to maximize learning potential and ensure learners are receiving quality, relevant, and meaningful instruction.
Vidya Menon, Class of 22
The University of Cincinnati offers students the opportunity to learn from top experts in their field. Our Instructional Design and Technology graduate program is distinguished by its exceptional faculty, who are all accomplished scholars and experts in their respective fields. They are dedicated to providing a challenging and supportive learning environment that encourages students to excel and achieve their goals. Through their mentorship, our faculty members help students develop the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary to become effective instructional designers and technologists.
"At UC, the environment of support from both the faculty and peers played a pivotal role in maintaining high levels of motivation." - Vidya Menon, Class of 22.
Their commitment to academic excellence and passion for teaching make them invaluable assets to our program and to the broader academic community.
Why Study Instructional Design And Technology At The University Of Cincinnati?
- Online and campus options.
- No GRE for applicants who received over a 3.0 GPA in their undergraduate program.
- Scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Experienced faculty who are leaders within the IDT field.
- Project-based assignments that will allow you to apply the learning principles to your worksetting.
- Earn your degree from a top ranked Tier I Research university and one of the Best Education Schools in the U.S. (U.S. News and Record, 2020).
- Classified as a STEM program which allows international students 3 years of Optional Practical Training work authorization after graduation.