Why study Information Technology?
The Ph.D. in Information Technology provides candidates with the necessary skills to provide applied research in evidence-based, human-centered, and secure IT practice. In addition, the program prepares candidates to educate future IT professionals at the K12, undergraduate, and graduate levels. In addition, graduates of our doctoral degree program in Information Technology is also prepared to become key leaders in organizations and enterprises to develop IT solutions to solve consumer or business-related issues.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Completed a baccalaureate degree from an ABET-accredited Information Technology degree program with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. ABET is a nonprofit certified organization that accredits college and university programs in Applied and Natural Science, Engineering, and Engineering Technology.
- Completed an undergraduate degree and (a) completed a minimum of 18 graduate-level course work in Information Technology with a GPA of 3.5 or above, or (b) completed significant years of professional experience in information technology as determined by the graduate director.
- While it is not a requirement, applicants may include Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores to demonstrate their potential for success in the doctoral program.
- Transcripts (Note: for the application, you may upload unofficial transcripts; however, if admitted you will need to submit your official transcripts).
- Three letters of recommendations
- A resume or curriculum vita (CV). Include any prior research or teaching experience, if applicable
- A personal statement with a discussion of relevant experience, goals, and fit with the UC program, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if applicable.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to hold positions in academia as assistant professors of Information Technology or other related computing disciplines. In the industry, research in Information Technology continues to emerge and will take time to evolve. However, graduates of the program will be able to hold positions in research and development in a variety of IT-related organizations, medical research organizations, financial organizations, social media organizations, government, among many others.
Fall Semester Only - January 31
2620 McMicken Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45221
Program Code: 18DOC-IT-PHD