Our admissions criteria vary, depending on which degree option you choose. We have both Associate and Bachelor degree options in Early Childhood with a focus on children from birth to five years of age.

Associate Degree Information

This programis open to all students with a high school diploma or GED and the desire to succeed in college. Students are expected to maintain a 2.0 GPA while enrolled. Students accepted into the program must meet the academic standards of the program (2.5 GPA) to advance to upper levels of study. All transfer students from other colleges must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA.Students changing majors from other programs or colleges within UC will be considered based on the admission criteria for transfer students.

Other criteria for admission to the Associate Degree include:

  • Completed online application for admission
  • Official transcript(s) from other institutions, if applicable
  • Copy of GED or high school diploma
  • No SAT/ACT scores required

Bachelor Degree Information

Most students applying for this degree are transfer students or have completed an associate degree. In order to be accepted, students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Students not meeting that requirement may request admittance into the associate degree program until the required transfer GPA is reached.

Other criteria for admission to the Bachelor Degree include:

  • Completed online application for admission
  • Official transcript(s) from other institutions
  • No SAT/ACT scores required

Returning UC Students

Students who have taken clases at UC in the past, in an ECE Online program or in another UC program, and have not taken any additional college credit since leaving UC, should complete the Re-admit/Change of College to CECH form.

If you are returning to UC and/or CECH but have earned additional college credits or another degree since leaving UC, you will need to complete a new online application.

Once your transfer credit has been equated to UC credit, you will receive a Credit Evaluation Report in the mail.

You can check on the status of your admission at any time (including viewing which documents have been received) by logging into your Self Service account.

I have applied and been accepted. Now what?

To secure your spot as a UC student, you'll need to accept your offer of admission. To do that, login to your Self Service account and then follow the step-by-step instructions outlined on our Confirm My Admission webpage by the appropriate deadline.

Financial Support

Federal Financial Aid

FAFSA opens the door to the federal aid process. Our financial aid office will help you sort through the details, but this needs to be your first step. Find out what you can expect from beginning to end.
You can visit the FAFSA website.


Many states have T.E.A.C.H. programs for scholars in their state. If you are a Ohio T.E.A.C.H. scholar, you may use your benefits to pay your tuition with ECLC. If you are employed in Ohio and would like more information about becoming a T.E.A.C.H. scholar, please visit Ohio's Resource and Referral site. Unfortunately, T.E.A.C.H. does not allow us to accept funding from other states.


There are a variety of scholarships available to full-time and part-time students. More information is available on the CECH website.