University Supervisor Information
University Supervisors serve an important role as a liaison between the School of Education program and the field experience setting. Supervisors become the face of our programs to our mentor teachers and provide critical mentoring, support, and guidance for both pre-service teaching candidates and their mentor teachers.
Becoming a University Supervisor
Individuals interested in becoming University Supervisors to pre-service teachers must meet the following criteria:
- Be licensed in grade band they will supervise
- For Secondary supervisors only, supervisors must also be licensed in the content area they will supervise
- Hold a Masters Degree or higher
- Have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience
- Demonstrate a positive view of the professions and students they teach
- Be willing to participate in online or face-to-face orientation/training
- Support candidate through routine feedback about planning, instruction, assessment, classroom management, and candidate progress.
- Complete written observation feedback and documentation required for programs to meet national accreditation requirements
- Facilitate problem-solving in the field when concerns arise
Current University Supervisors
Listed below are links to more program-specific information and deadlines.
Supervisors currently working with pre-service teachers in the field will be able to find further programinformation by clicking the link below:
Individuals should submit a CV or resume to the contact person listed below to inquire about opportunities to supervise:
Coordinator of Office of Field Experiences
Secondary (Grades 7-12) Field Coordinator
Middle Childhood Education (Grades 4-9) Field Coordinator
Early Childhood Education (Grades 1-3) Field Coordinator
Early Childhood Education (Birth-PreK) Online Field Coordinator
Early Childhood Education (PreK-K) Field Coordinator
Special Education (multi-age) Field Coordinator