Educational Studies -Onsite
About the Program
Our Master of Art in Educational Studies is a multi-disciplinary graduate degree program designed to provide you with greater understanding of the foundations of education, learning, development, and research in education and social change. Choose between four concentrations: Higher Education Administration, Educational Psychology and Child Study, Applied Research Methods, and Foundations of Education and Social Change.
The School of Education at the University of Cincinnati is consistently ranked as a top institution in the field of Education. Most recently, US News and World Report placed it in the top 100 Best Education Schools (2019).
The program, with the choice of a concentration, will help you:
- Master the skills necessary for a rewarding career in the field of higher education, including areas such as student affairs, academic affairs, intercollegiate athletics administration, institutional advancement, and enrollment management, through the Higher Education Administration Concentration.
- Gain expertise in developmental learning sciences (human learning and development as well as cognitive and developmental psychology) and the developmental study of children in the Educational Psychology and Child Study concentration.
- Learn the understanding, application and development of quantitative methodologies and/or mixed research as tools to gather evidence in the field of education and other social and behavioral sciences in the Applied Research Methods concentration.
- Expand your knowledge in the cultural, historical, and social foundations of education and educational and community-based action research in the Foundations of Education and Social Change concentration. Focus on practitioner inquiry in educational and organizational settings or community-based action research and take courses that reflect the broad interdisciplinary nature of action research.
The University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Find out more about the graduate Educational Studies program.
The program offers courses in the following areas of concentration:
- Higher Education Administration
- Educational Psychology and Child Study
- Applied Research Methods
- Foundations of Education and Social Change