Curriculum and Instruction -Onsite
About the Program
Our Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction will prepare you to generate, use, and critically examine research in learning and teaching in order to enhance educational practices for learners in formal and informal educational settings across all ages. It is designed for in service educators who are interested in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating their educational programs. There are two areas of specialization: Teaching and Learning of School Subjects (TLSS) and Instructional Design and Technology. Additionally, the TLSS specialization includes areas of concentration for in-service teachers in science, social studies, and/or mathematics as well as a generalist curriculum for pre-service teachers who are seeking their master’s degree plus licensure. This program is offered both on campus and online.
The School of Education at the University of Cincinnati is consistently ranked as a top institution in the field of Education. Most recently, US News and World Report placed it in the top 100 Best Education Schools and ranked it the 30th Best Online Graduate Education Program (2016).
The goals of this program are to:
- Create scholars and educators who are engaged in intellectual discussions that lead individuals to refine and redefine their working assumptions, values, and guiding theories of practice in an ongoing process in order to better meet the needs of their learners.
- Develop scholars and educators who are able to interpret, respond to, and contribute to current research in curriculum and instruction by participating in and assuming leadership in professional organizations.
- Prepare scholars, educators, curriculum developers, and researchers who can serve as professional educators within schools, universities, and the community.
- Reflect the diverse nature of curriculum and instruction through courses, program, research, and the recruitment of faculty and students.
The University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The program offers courses in the following areas of concentration:
- Middle Childhood Education, MEd +Licensure
- Secondary Education, MEd + Licensure
- Teaching and Learning: General Studies
- Medical Education
The program also offers endorsements and graduate certificates in: