Blended and Online Learning and Teaching (BOLT) Certificate | Online
About the Program
Blended and online teaching requires a specific skill set combining facilitation, collaboration, learning design, and assessment. With the growing e-learning trends in higher education, PreK-12 schools, and corporate employee training, the ability to manage and facilitate blended and online learning is a vital skill for educators in every field.
The Blended and Online Learning and Teaching certificate teaches students to design, manage, and lead their online or blended classrooms. Classes provide current and projected educational technology trends, authentic online experiences, hands-on practice with online tools, and project-based assignments. Our certificate also equips students with competency-based concepts that can lead to obtaining a professional certification in a variety of recommended industry tools such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, Adobe and more!
Who Should Apply for this Program?
The Blended and Online Learning and Teaching graduate certificate is applicable to a wide range of educational environments including K-12, higher education, medical education, public education, and corporate training. Instructors in this certificate are current practitioners and leaders in the field, and course materials and activities incorporate the overarching methodology and latest trends in blended and online teaching and learning. Students will experience online learning first hand and practice the skills needed to succeed in the online teaching and learning in every stage of their coursework.
Career possibilities include:
- K-12 online instructor
- Higher education online instructor
- Corporate online trainer
- Online learning content developer
- Technology professional development coordinator
- E-learning consultant
- Educational technology specialist
By graduation, you will be able to understand the nature of blended and online learning, how it differs from traditional teaching approaches, and the challenges and benefits of teaching and learning in the blended and online environment.
Specific program objectives include:
- Develop strategies to encourage active learning, application, interaction, participation, and collaboration in online and blended environments.
- Facilitate effective learning in online and blended learning environments.
- Demonstrate mastery of contemporary learning technologies.
- Explain the instructional delivery continuum, including associated strengths and affordances.
- Remain cognizant of the diversity of student academic needs and make appropriate accommodations.
- Provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards.
The University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.