Collaboration for Employment and Education Synergy
Collaboration for Employment and Education Synergy (CEES) is a high school transition program at the University of Cincinnati designed for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities ages 14-21. CEES offers a 12-week individualized transition curriculum to help young adults determine how their interests and abilities can be applied in the workplace. Students also gain valuable life skills that increase their ability to live and work more independently.
A Snapshot of CEES
- 12-week workshop
- 1 day per week from 9 AM – 1 PM
- 1-2 hours working at in internship on UC’s Campus or Clifton Community
- 1 hour of classroom curriculum targeting self-determination social-communication and soft skills for employmentLunch on UC’s campus
- Transportation provided by school district
- Approximately $1200 per student (transition districts funds, private pay, or DD funds)
- Parents or family members of interested students: Contact your local school district to see how your child can apply to CEES.
- Districts interested in partnering with CEES: To review the CEES handbook email us firstname.lastname@example.org.