- How to Hire Quality Paralegals (PDF)
- Job Post Request form to post a position for free
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PARALEGAL
Intellectual Property (IP) paralegal
Cincinnati (Evendale), Ohio
Role Summary: GE Aviation has an open position for an Intellectual Property (IP) paralegal who will support lawyers and specialists on GE Aviation’s various IP matters, including document preparation and management, assisting with research, docket management, patent, copyright and trademark formalities, billing, data analysis, reporting and other IP program support. Essential Responsibilities:
* File new patent, trademark and copyright applications prepared by in-house patent attorneys andspecialists
* Track status of IP matters, prepare and handle filings, coordinate incoming and outgoing filetransfers, and execute formal documents to meet their deadlines
* Review and process incoming correspondence regarding current status of registered IP
* Review, process, and maintain IP dockets for filing deadlines, including preparing reminders toattorneys and clients as needed
* Organize documents, IP agreements, and other administrative files as requested
* Liaise with internal clients and external counsel as needed regarding calendaring, document transfers, and other case management needs
* Assist in drafting legal and other documents and correspondence
* Handle billing and vendor selection processes as requested
* Assist with other programmatic support, including with regard to training, conferences, dataanalytics and administrative tasks
* Spearhead special projects as requested
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (pre-Law degree preferred)
* Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
* Minimum 5 years working with Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and an interest in learning other computer applications
* Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours as circumstances dictate
* Familiar with United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) rules and procedures, and abasic understanding of foreign patent prosecution procedures is strongly preferred
* Familiarity with the Anaqua corporate IP management system, or similar
* Proven organizational and analytical skills with extraordinary attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and efficiently; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills including editing and proofreading
* Self-starter and proactive problem solver
* Team player; experience working in a fast-paced environment
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. To apply, visit our website.
Musillo Unkenholt (MU), a boutique immigration law firm, seeks a paralegal. MU’s practice is focused on business-based immigration matters, assisting US employers in hiring foreign workers. Our clients come from a range of industries, including healthcare, information technology, recruitment, staffing, construction, engineering, finance and consulting. Our client base includes large public and private companies to small start-up entrepreneurial ventures. Primary responsibilities include supporting the supervising attorney(s), form and letter drafting, document review, and working with people from countries around the world. If interested, please apply with cover letter, resume, and your favorite country (besides the USA!) to Maria T. Schneider, Esq.
TO APPLY, visit the job posting on Indeed.
Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson Co., L.P.A.
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson is looking for a full-time Litigation Paralegal to join our team.
For more than 20 years, attorneys at Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson have anticipated the needs of our clients and taken bold, strategic action on their behalves. We've earned a reputation of being business-savvy, pragmatic attorneys of integrity-and aggressive advocates when our clients' interests are on the line. At Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson, we take pride in the legal services we provide and the products we produce for our clients. Our firm's culture is a blend of the conservative and entrepreneurial-our "can-do" attitude empowers every member of our firm.
The ideal Litigation Paralegal candidate is professional, maintains a positive attitude under pressure, completes tasks with accuracy, has proven success in handling multiple tasks, and works well with little supervision.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing litigation support to assigned attorneys, including: document organization and review; preparation of form and initial discovery; medical record summaries; financial record summaries; document preparation for depositions, hearings and trial - Conducting research and investigations - Maintaining good relations with clients, opposing counsel and court - Organizing and maintaining electronic and paper correspondence and files - Drafting correspondence - Analyzing and organizing information for reports
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum two years litigation paralegal experience - Strong understanding of secretarial skills (e.g. structure of formal correspondence) - Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook - Strong communication skills both written and verbal - Advanced organization skills and attention to detail
This is a full-time position with health, dental and vision insurance benefits, PTO, 401K and a great work environment.
TO APPY, visit the job posting on Zip Recruiter.
FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL
Family Law Legal Assistant/Paralegal
Croswell & Adams Co., L.P.A.
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Well-established small Cincinnati law firm in need of a reliable and proactive full-time Legal Assistant/Paralegal for their downtown office. Focus on family law matters. Outstanding organizational and people skills required. Must be proficient in drafting and filing court documents, file management, discovery/document production and have excellent client relations. The ideal candidate must also be comfortable working with Microsoft Office, Corel WordPerfect, TABS, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Compensation dependent upon experience.
Experience:: Legal Assistant: 2 years (Preferred) Click here TO APPLY.
REAL ESTATE CLERK
Hamilton County Auditor
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Busy government office seeks to fill a clerical positionto perform complex and detailed data entry, assist customers, interpret data and provide clerical and administrative support. Position requires proven reliable attendance, demonstrated customer service skills, solid communication skills (oral and written), problem solving abilities, ability to efficiently navigate through and use complex computer modules, strong math aptitude, organizational skills and attention to detail. Some knowledge of real estate is a plus.
Send cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Hamilton County Auditor Dusty Rhodes, 138 E. Court St. Rm 304A Cincinnati, Ohio 45202. Attn: Amy Humphrey or email Ms. Humphrey.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hochwalt & Schiff, LLC is a general practice law firm focusing in the area of family law, criminal defense, and probate/estate planning and has an immediate opening for a full-time paralegal. Family Law experience and dictation skills a plus.
Description: This position requires researching, typing of all pleadings, meeting with clients, organizing files, tracking deadlines, scheduling for attorney, preparing and tracking discovery and other family law case requirements.
- Attention to Detail
- Dependable, positive attitude and a self starter
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Must be able to file accurately
- Have strong, professional telephone skills
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills
- Includes paid vacation
- Benefits not presently offered
For consideration please fax a resume to: (937) 297-0482. (Posted 12/12/17)
Office of Equity and Equal Opportuity
Office of the President
Responsible for conducting complex harassment and discrimination investigations based on protected class status, including Title IX investigations. To see the full job description, minimum qualifications, and instructions for applying, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser:
If you have any questions about this position, please feel free to contact Kenya Ash, Director of OEEO, Title IX Coordinator, Section 504 and ADA Coordinator at AshKD@MiamiOH.edu or (513) 529-7157. (Posted 11-29-17)
Small law firm in downtown Cincinnati seeking paralegal to join our team of 5 attorneys and 5 support staff. The firm practices in Ohio and Kentucky, with a focus on personal injury and some criminal defense. This is a growing firm and is looking for someone who is interested in being a long-term part of our team.
Salary and benefits negotiable based on candidate.
Must be a multi-tasker, organized, detail oriented. Must have the ability to communicate with and to handle clients of various backgrounds.
JOB SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS:
-generation and management of files
-drafting complaints, motions and other legal documents
-proficient in all Microsoft Office
-must be comfortable with traveling to surrounding counties to meet with prospective clients
-bachelor degree, paralegal certification preferred or 2+ years of experience
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a Recruiter for Phillips Edison, a vibrant and rapidly growing real estate company that currently manages over $3 billion of retail real estate assets in the United States. We are currently recruiting a transactional paralegal to join our legal department focusing on title and survey analysis. If you could please pass along this opportunity, I would love to find a fellow bearcat to fill the role! I have listed the link to the job posting below and any interested candidates could also reach out directly to Danielle Brindisi at email@example.com.