|Other Programs That May Interest You|
|Adult/International TESL, Certificate
|PreK-12 Reading Literacy, Certificate
|Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Endorsement
|School of Education's Graduate Programs and Majors
Postsecondary Literacy Instruction Certificate
Our graduate certificate in Postsecondary Literacy Instruction is a great fit if you wish to teach developmental reading and basic writing in community colleges and adult literacy programs. Our program prepares you with theoretically and pedagogically sound expertise in literacy instruction at the postsecondary level, including teaching developmental reading and basic writing in the community college, four-year college, and adult literacy program contexts. With foci that incorporate both theory and practice, coursework in the Certificate in Postsecondary Literacy Instruction addresses educational issues that arise in most community colleges and adult literacy programs. This graduate certificate is completely online.
Postsecondary Literacy Course Sequence
- LSLS 8001 Foundations of Postsecondary Literacy Instruction
- LSLS 8003 Practicum in Postsecondary Literacy Instruction
- LSLS 8007 Projects in Postsecondary Literacy Instruction
- LSLS 8102 Literacy Instruction: Methods for Teaching Reading
- LSLS 8104 Literacy Instruction: Methods for Teaching Writing
- LSLS 8105 Teaching Literacy in a Diverse Society
The University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.