Stay Connected with CECH
Intervention Specialist - Mild/Moderate Licensure
This non-degree program is designed for individuals holding an initial teaching license from the state of Ohio that would like to obtain a license to teach in the field of special education. The Special Education department at the University of Cincinnati is dedicated to improving the educational experiences of all children. You can complete this program completely online.
The School of Education was ranked 48th in the nation for their Special Education program (College Factual).
The department's central goal is to prepare you to be a committed, caring, and competent educator who is:
- Qualified to meet the unique intellectual, social, and emotional needs of children in special education
- Reflective and responsible professionals who demonstrate an inquiry orientation toward teaching and professional development
- Committed to working with children who are diverse in learning style, ethnicity, language, gender, age, class, physical and intellectual achievement and family background
- Experienced in thinking critically, solving problems, and working collaboratively with children, families and other professionals
- Knowledgeable about disciplinary subject fields, curriculum integration, and technology
And the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The Educator Preparation programs at the University of Cincinnati are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation. This program has been determined to meet the Ohio reading mandate and is aligned with the Ohio content area standards.
School of Education
615 Teachers-Dyer Complex
University of Cincinnati