Stay Connected with CECH
Our Faculty and Staff
Sarah E Schroeder
Title: Assoc Professor - Field Service
Office: 615L Teachers College
Sarah Schroeder is an instructional designer and educator passionate about the creation of engaging, relevant e-learning solutions. Passionate about understanding learner diversity and designing the way our brains work, Sarah believes in the success of all learners and empowering them to do more vs. simply learn more.
As a faculty member, lead instructional designer and director of the Learning Design Collaborative in the College of Education, Criminal Justice and Human Services, Sarah coordinates the Leadership in Online Learning and Online Teaching and Learning graduate certificates, teaches courses related to educational technology and online learning, and supports faculty course development. She is also a certified Quality Matters facilitator and master reviewer, a graduate of the Educause Educational Technology Leadership Institute, and has supported grant-funded development of blended learning solutions for K-12 faculty. Before joining the University of Cincinnati, Sarah was a faculty member in the Department of Communication at Northern Kentucky University, an Instructional Designer in Northern Kentucky University's Center for Innovation and Technology in Education, and a professional diversity educator.
Sarah received her BA in education from Indiana University and her MS in Communication from the University of Cincinnati.
- BS, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 1992 (Secondary Education, English, Theater and Communication).
- MA, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 2003 (Communication, Rhetorical Studies).
Presentations & Lectures
- Schroeder, S. & Stoll, C. (2012). Brain-Based Design: Where Universal Design and Quality Matters Meet Quality Matters Annual Meeting, Tucson, AZ.
- Schroeder, S., Clineman, D. & Williams, N. (2012). Roundtable: Engaging Faculty Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities, Cincinnati, OH.
- Schroeder, S & Hodges, A. (2013). Building an Implementation Plan for Your Campus: Lessons Learned Quality Matters Annual Members Meeting, Akron, OH.
- Schroeder, S. & Johnson, S. (2012). Losing Control: Preparing Students for the Future through Classroom Technology Use Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities, Cincinnati, OH.
- Schroeder, S. & Heinrich, J. (2010). Leveraging Social Bookmarking Tools in the Research Classroom Kentucky Convergence Conference, Erlanger, KY.
- Schroeder, S., Besnoy, L. & McGill, K. (2011). Considering the Student Mind in Instructional Design Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities, Highland Heights, KY.
- Schroeder, S. & Thrower, L. (2010). Did They Really Say That?: How to Have Difficult Discussions in the Classroom Central States Communication Association, Cincinnati, OH.
- Schroeder, S. (2011). The New Research Project: Collaborative Student Research Using Social Media Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities, Highland Heights, KY.
- Schroeder, S. & Dell, L (2011). Performance Based Assessments Embanett-Compass Partner Summit, Orlando, FL.
- Sarah Schroeder (2017). Diverse Literacies: Tech for Voice and Choice CAST UDL Symposium, Boston, MA.
- Sarah Schroeder (2017). Accessibility Spotlight Panel Distance Teaching and Learning Conference, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Experience & Service
- Quality Matters, Master Reviewer 2012
- Quality Matters, Certified Trainer 2012