Stay Connected with CECH
Our Faculty and Staff
Christopher L Atchison
Title: Associate Professor, Geoscience Education
Dr. Atchison specializes in Geoscience Education. His research interests include fostering full access and inclusion in the Earth Sciences for students with sensory and orthopedic disabilities. He is the Executive Director of the International Association for Geoscience Diversity (www.TheIAGD.org), an organization charged with advocating for students and geoscientists with disabilities, while promoting an accessible pathway into the Geoscience workforce through the development of innovative and inclusive research opportunities and instructional strategies.
- (PI), Atchison, Christopher, Full Access to the Geology of Vancouver, Society of Exploration Geophysicists - SEG Foundation. (Field Camp Program Award), $6,000.00. 09-01-2014 to 11-30-2014. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Atchison, Christopher, Enhancing Accessibility in the Geoscience: A Field-Based Workshop for Accommodating Students with Disabilities, National Science Foundation. (NSF ICER-1464189-Transfer from GSU-ICER-1441885), $68,729.00. 08-15-2014 to 03-31-2016. Status: Active.
- (PI), Atchison, Christopher, GP-EXTRA: Engaging Students in Inclusive Geoscience Field Experiences via Onsite-Remote Partnerships., National Science Foundation. (S15-235-01 / NSF ICER-1540652), $128,790.00. 09-15-2015 to 07-31-2017. Status: Active.
- (PI), Atchison, Christopher, The Impact of Social Capital and Mentoring in Earth System Science Workforce Development, National Science Foundation. (RC105254UC / DGE-1535011), $22,194.00. 09-01-2015 to 08-31-2018. Status: Awarded.
- (PI), Atchison, Christopher, NSF INCLUDES Alliance Proposal Development and National Stakeholder Conference, UC's Faculty Bridge Program. (R40308), $10,000.00. 03-01-2019 to 09-15-2019. Status: Active.