College of Education, Criminal Justice, & Human ServicesCollege of Education, Criminal Justice, & Human ServicesUniversity of CincinnatiCollege of Education, Criminal Justice, & Human Services

College of Education, Criminal Justice, & Human Services

The Woodrow Wilson Ohio Teaching FellowshipsThe Woodrow Wilson Fellowships

The Woodrow Wilson Ohio Teaching Fellowships

Getting Started FAQ

When does the program start?
The program will begin June 10, 2013 with an Orientation.  The summer semester will end August 2, 2013.  During this time, there will be a mix of required and elective courses offered in order to provide fellows with more flexibility as well as the opportunity to work with other programs.

Fellows will start with Cincinnati Public Schools on August 19.  The fall semester at UC starts August 26, 2013.

Where can I find housing information?
There is a plethora of information available here, the UC Graduate Housing page.  Please note that on-campus graduate student housing is not currently available.  This website will allow you to view a list of Cincinnati neighborhoodsfind a roommate, and browse local housing options.

What dining options are available near UC?

The University of Cincinnati is located in the Clifton area which hosts a variety of dining options. Check out your options here or click here to view dining options available on-campus.

Do I need a parking pass?
Over the summer, parking is available at Hughes High School.  After summer semester, the majority of your time will be spent at your school.  Student parking passes can be purchased on a semester basis, so you can adjust over the course of the year. Information on campus parking can be found here.

Is there a specific computer requirement?
No.  You may bring whatever type of computer you have and are familiar with.  There are also computer labs on campus available for use.  If you are planning on purchasing a computer once you arrive, feel free to check out the UC Bookstore website for information and discounts on Apple and HP products.

What are my transportation options to and from campus and around the city?
There are two options.  First is the UC*Metro program, which offers a discounted quarterly bus pass option to students.  You must apply for this pass online.  Metro’s routes and times can be viewed here.  A second option, for those residing closer to campus, is the Bearcat Transportation System.  The website provides both pick up and drop off times, as well as maps for each route.

What is Student Health Insurance?  Do I need it?
Student Health Insurance (SHI) is insurance provided by the University and automatically billed to your account quarterly.  The University requires that all students who carry 6 or more credit hours have some form of health insurance.  FAQs about SHI can be found here.  If you have your own health insurance and would like to waive SHI, more information can be found here.  The Graduate School Governance Association offers Health Insurance Awards to graduate students; more information regarding these awards will be sent to your student email account at or after the start of Fall Quarter.

What options are available for students with disabilities?
The University’s Disability Services Office provides accommodations for disabled students.  More information on the services available can be found here.