CRIMINAL LAW INTERNSHIP
We are currently looking for a paralegal intern for the fall semester. This is an unpaid position. Our office prosecutes felonies that occur within Campbell County. We have several murder cases and other more serious trials coming up this fall/winter and are in need of a paralegal intern. Someone interested in criminal law would be preferred, but any paralegal student would be considered.
If interested, please forward your resume to Janis.Walter@uc.edu.
Downtown law firm is in need of paralegal to assist attorney with his caseload. Duties will include: preparing cases for mediations and depositions, following-up with outstanding discovery requests, organizing large amounts of documents on construction cases, organizing and requesting medical records, and keeping track of upcoming dates on cases. Good organizational skills are a must.
Part-time or full-time hours will be considered.
Send resume to Janis.Walter@uc.edu for forwarding to the law firm.
FULL-TIME PARALEGAL POSITION
Dayton, Ohio - Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Excellent opportunity for a paralegal graduate in Dayton, Ohio at Wright-Patterson Air Force base. Please go to the webpage and apply directly https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/378567600
The Human Resource specialist sent this specifically as they are interested in UC main campus paralegal students.
PART-TIME LEGAL COORDINATOR
Cincinnati Works is seeking a part-time (15 hours/week) Legal Coordinator to support their programs at their Downtown location on Walnut St. This position meets with Cincinnati Works’ Members to identify legal issues hindering employment acquisition and retention and connects Members with available resources and assistance to resolve legal issue(s).
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains current information regarding the legal system through network sources including Legal Aid Society
• Works with Legal Aid Society to understand the new services available for ex-felons and to brainstorm county initiatives to aid in restoring career and social avenues available to individuals with a prior felony
• Works with County Child Support to understand initiatives by the county and courts to get non-custodial parents to pay child support and address initiatives to help indigent non-custodial parents with the consequences of not paying child support
• Researches general legal issues as well as those of individual members through court records, legal websites, articles and journals
• Meets with members weekly and via appointment to identify legal issues that impact directly and/or indirectly with finding and keeping employment
• Provides information to members about the resources that are available/not available in resolving their legal barriers
• As appropriate, connects members with Legal Aid and other agencies or third parties regarding individual legal barriers
• Facilitates weekly Legal Services module during workshop
• Reviews and discusses individual police reports with members or Employment Coaches
• Serves as role model for professional conduct and behavior
• Completes referral paperwork regarding legal issues that fall under the Legal Aid umbrella of assistance
• Prepares police reports and conviction codes for all applicants accepted into the program
• Prepares legal data for funding and operational reports as necessary
• Updates database with comments related to status of members’ legal issues
• Tracks in-house resolution of issues and Legal Aid referrals
• Bachelors’ Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
• Additional specialized course work in legal or criminal justice highly desirable
• Able to qualify and be appointed and commissioned as a Notary Public in the State of Ohio
• Knowledge or experience with legal barriers including expungement, child support, bankruptcy, housing issues, unemployment, protection orders, social security, consumer issues (e.g. hospital bills), county work support benefits
• Prepare members in the resolution of capias or open warrant issues; pending criminal charges; resolving clerical mistakes on police reports; license suspension; out-of-state issues
• Assist members with explaining criminal records to potential employers.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office modules (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Must have desire and ability to work with a diverse population
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Salary commensurate with experience and education.
• Parking Allowance
TRUSTS and ESTATES PARALEGAL - Full Time
Owner: Barry Zimmer
Status: Closed- 1/27/2014
City, region, area: Blue Ash State/province: Ohio Zip/postal code: 45242
Compensation/benefits: Low to mid $40,000 range, depending on experience. Health insurance benefits also available.
'Company Alias' to show:
Job Category: Paralegal/Legal Assistant
Our estate planning law firm is growing! We have created a new paralegal position so that we may continue to deliver great experiences and results to our clients. If you enjoy our area of practice and believe estate planning is important because of the many lives we touch and improve, then we would like to hear from you.
We are the Zimmer Law Firm, located in downtown Blue Ash, inside of 1-275. Job responsibilities will include estate-plan document preparation, delivery and execution; Living Trust funding, and assisting in probate and trust estate settlement. You will have regular and frequent client contact and meetings to deliver, execute, and explain estate plan documents. If you have experience in Medicaid cases, you may also assist in that aspect of our practice.
Please respond with a resume and cover letter that explains why this opportunity appeals to you. You may also email responses to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls or personal visits.
Education, training, experience:
We are interested in paralegals with experience or training in at least one area of our practice. We will train you in our tools and processes so that you will be successful and professionally fulfilled. This is not an entry level position. The profile of a successful candidate will include:
• Some prior experience and knowledge of substantive law in our areas of practice
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Being comfortable working one on one with clients
• Good computer and organizational skills
• Quick and self-motivated learner
• Ability to work in a team environment where processes result in the most efficient flow of work and results
• Commitment to quality work product and client service
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR – FULL-TIME
A local company is seeking a Contract Administrator at their Hyde Park office. Preferred candidates will have paralegal training, a working knowledge of purchase contracts and a general understanding of contract concepts and frameworks.
Applicants must be detail oriented, highly organized and have excellent research and communication skills. Experience using database applications and Microsoft office applications is required.
Candidate will be responsible for entering contracts for customers using a proprietary software system. Primary duties will include reviewing contracts, interpreting and classifying key contractual clauses and entering this information into a database. You will monitor contract dates and may interact with customers through voice and email communications. You may also monitor information about public companies and perform independent research to extract and archive this information into database records.
If you have a demonstrated track record of success in similar work situations, would like to join a growing, energetic company in Cincinnati, and have the right skills and abilities referenced herein we would like to talk with you about opportunities with our company.
This a full-time position with a growing company.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Paralegal Studies
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Disciplined, organized, self-reliant and motivated
- Great communications skills-oral and written
- Strong customer service orientation
- Legal or paralegal training a strong plus
- Work Schedule: M-F (9-5)
- Hours per Week: 40
- Wage/Salary: 30 – 40 K Annually
-Employment Start Date: ASA
If interested, forward your resume to Janis.Walter@uc.edu.
CRIMINAL DEFENSE PARALEGAL
Small criminal defense firm seeks full-time legal assistant/paralegal for Cincinnati office. Preferred candidate must be able to multi-task, work independently, and handle a high volume of telephone, calendaring, and file-related tasks. Job duties include client interaction, legal research, and drafting various documents.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and education. Interested candidates should submit resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com. (Posted 7-15-14)
Cincinnati Law Firm is seeking a full-time paralegal/assistant manager for its legal department. The firm specializes in collections and civil litigation. Job duties include electronic court filing, processing post-Judgment documents, handling reports and audits, distribution of workload, drafting and approving court pleadings, etc. Candidates will have a strong attention to detail, knowledge of the legal system, excellent communication skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and handle high volume workload. The firm offers business casual work environment and free parking.
Applicants can send resumes and cover letters to me via email to: Amanda.Feldman@tt-law.com. (Posted 7-14-14)
PARALEGAL/LEGAL ASSISTANT - DOMESTIC RELATIONS
Location: Downtown Cincinnati
Experienced family law attorney in small law office is seeking a full time assistant. I need someone capable of clerical, administrative, bookkeeping and billing.
Direct communication with clients
One-on-one relationship with attorney to manage practice
Associate or bachelor’s degree
Legal experience with preference for Domestic Relations
Interest in long term employment with attorney/assistant partnership
Compensation: Based on experience
If interested, please email Janis.Walter@uc.edu for the contact information. (Posted 7-14-14)