CURRENT JOB LISTINGS:
A local law firm based in Loveland is seeking a student to work part-time in their firm. Work would include talking by phone to individuals that are prospective probate clients. It will include lots of phone & e-mail work. They are flexible on hours but in the range of 15-25 hours per week and $10-$14 per hour pay range.
If interested, please forward your resume to Janis.Walter@uc.edu for forwarding. Posted 4-13-15.
GENERAL PRACTICE PARALEGAL
Small but busy downtown Cincinnati law firm is looking for a good paralegal or experienced legal secretary. We practice in a variety of legal fields, including Debtor Bankruptcy, Divorce and Family Law, Estate Planning and Probate, Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Social Security, and Small Business representation. We need someone who is dependable, organized, detail-oriented, friendly and hard working. Good candidates with be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Pacer, Best Case and Amicus are a plus. You will have significant contact with clients, opposing attorneys, and court personnel, so people skills are also important. Starting pay depends on your level of experience and qualifications. Please email resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to: Mark@GodbeyLaw.com.
Mark E. Godbey
Godbey & Associates
708 Walnut Street, Suite 600
Cincinnati, OH 45202-2022
(513) 241-6650 – phone
(513) 241-6649 – fax
Visit our website at: www.GodbeyLaw.com
Check us out on Linked In
Follow Us on Facebook
OHIO TITLE EXAMINER/REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL
Law firm seeking a full time Ohio title examiner/real estate paralegal for its downtown Cincinnati office
Perform title examinations and related property and lien searches and record documents in Southwest Ohio counties; perform a variety of other tasks relating to real property in Southwest Ohio and Boone, Kenton and Campbell counties in Northern Kentucky; assist with analyzing and resolving title-related issues including review and analysis of plats and surveys; and assist with and attend real estate closings.
• Minimum of three years of law office or corporate real estate legal department experience, including title examination experience.
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with our team of real estate attorneys, paralegals, and legal assistants, with outside organizations, and especially with our valued clients.
• Willingness to work overtime as the needs of projects and clients dictate.
• Access to a vehicle for travel to and among the above-listed areas.
Please send resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Strauss Troy, Co., LPA
150 East Fourth Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Downtown law firm has an upcoming temporary assignment for a student for Summer 2015 (May – August) and are looking to find a co-op or intern. If you are interested, please let me know Janis.Walter@uc.edu. Posted: April 1, 2015.
FULL-TIME SOCIAL SECURITY PARALEGAL
We are hiring a full-time Legal Assistant to help answer phones and perform clerical/administrative work (i.e. manage Social Security cases/files and request medical records).The individual must be able to work around a cat. Previous administrative experience required.
Please send a PDF resume and cover letter to Tammy Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org at Scott E. Knox Attorneys at Law.
Posted: March 27, 2015
FULL-TIME FORECLOSURE PARALEGAL (ENTRY LEVEL)
Local law firm located in Cincinnati (Red Bank Road) area is seeking two full-time paralegals to work in foreclosures. The firm is willing to hire entry-level paralegals, however, you must be bright and energetic.
If interested, please email Janis.Walter@uc.edu for contact information. Posted: March 24, 2015
PART-TIME PERSONAL INJURY PARALEGAL
A small litigation firm in Mason and is interested in hiring a paralegal. The paralegal would primarily work on personal injury cases, but would eventually be incorporated into other areas of practice (child sexual abuse, civil rights, employment law) as well.
The position would start out as part time (3 days a week), but could grow depending on our caseload. Given their current caseload, they are ideally looking for someone with some prior experience in the personal injury field rather than a new graduate. Pay would be negotiable based on experience.
If interested, please email Janis Walter for the contact information. Janis.Walter@uc.edu. Posted: March 24, 2015
FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL – FULL-TIME POSITION
Local attorney located in Blue Ash area is seeking a full-time paralegal with at least one year of family law experience. The position pays $13 as a probationary pay. Once probation is up, it can go up to $15 as long as the candidate is progressing. Position provides sick/holiday pay and also matches up to 3% on retirement. If interested, please email Janis.Walter@uc.edu for contact information. Posted: 3/11/15.
Bankruptcy and Probate Coordination Specialist
Date Created: September 10, 2014
Summary: The Bankruptcy and Probate Coordination Specialist coordinates the communications and information transfer between settlement matters (litigation firms), claims administrator, and bankruptcy estates (trustees) or probate estates (local probate counsel).
• Understand and articulate the services GRG Bankruptcy and Probate Coordination offers to clients.
• Data collection, perform PACER research, and data analysis and input.
• Review intake documents, analyze information and classify the case for proper procedure implementation
• Accurately and efficiently classifies each case to determine next steps
• Acts as liaison by learning facets of litigation and settlement program. Able to explain settlement program to a trustee or probate attorney and ensures all details are represented in court documents.
• Locates and engages local counsel to open estates and appoint fiduciaries in order to have the legal authority to release defendants and receive settlement funds
• Coordinates settlement process for which distribution is held, by communicating with, litigating firms, local counsel, claimants, attorneys, trustees, executors, and personal representatives
• Submits documentation and distributes instructions to the Claims Administrator or law firm upon receipt from local counsel
• Prepares status reports for the litigation firms, Claims Administration Department, and others, as appropriate
• Updates all actions in the consolidated database for follow-up and review
• Prepares and submits template Affidavits and Appointment/Approval Motions to the litigation firms or bankruptcy attorneys
• Manages projects by litigation and law firm client.
• Determines timeline of process and implements the necessary protocols in order to keep projects on the proper continuum.
• Focuses on continuous improvement through seeking knowledge staying abreast of trends (changes in law & litigation) by working with local counsel and internal compliance team.
• Regularly participates in meetings and is dependable as an internal/external resource on assigned projects
• Regular and timely attendance
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• One – three years in a professional client services capacity
• Able to adapt to constantly changing environment
• Excellent communication skills, written, oral, and listening
• Excellent time management skills
• Superior internal and external client service skills are a must
• Problem solving and strong analytical ability
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
• Paralegal Certificate/Degree, or equivalent work experience, preferred
• Able to orchestrate large volumes of data while meeting critical deadlines
• Must be able to work independently and as an effective team member
•Must be proficient in MS Office applications
Salary based on experience. Benefits included. Free parking. Posted: 3/5/15.
Paralegal needed for downtown immigration law firm. Must be organized, detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Entry level is ok. Send resume with cover letter describing what you love most about winter. For contact information, email Janis.Walter@uc.edu. Posted: 3/2/15.
Local prosecutor’s office is seeking a full-time paralegal to work in municipal court. Position includes completing discovery for criminal cases and watching/summarizing OVI videos. If interested, please email: Janis.Walter@uc.edu for contact information. Posted: 3/2/15.
City of Cincinnati Law Department Collections Division
The City of Cincinnati Law Department is seeking applicants for a Paralegal position in collections. The successful candidate’s primary duties will consist of assisting attorneys with collection and recovery of City revenue. Such assistance will include managing high volume caseloads; drafting legal documents; managing attorney calendars; frequently communicating with debtors and City departmental staff; keeping track of debtor accounts; and managing payments.
The successful candidate must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, be a proficient writer, and have excellent attention to detail, sound judgment and critical thinking abilities. The successful candidate must have good communication skills and must be trustworthy. The successful candidate must be able to manage a high volume, fast-paced practice through effective task management and prioritization. Previous experience with revenue collection is preferred.
Degree requirements: Associate’s Degree in Paralegal Studies or Paralegal Certification. Send resumes & cover letter prior to March 6, 2015. Posted: 2/20/15.