CURRENT JOB LISTINGS:
Local law firm is seeking a paralegal/legal assistant, ideally within the next couple of weeks (the current paralegal will leave at the end of November & they want new person to get training)
The position is full time and includes filing, billing, some familiarity with legal matters but will not be required to do legal research or drafting beyond basic forms, some online filing of pleadings and coordination of eviction filings and responsible for maintaining office supplies.
If you are interested, please email Janis.Walter@uc.edu for the contact information. Posted: Oct. 29, 2014.
PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGIST OFFICE
Two downtown psychologists need a part time administrative assistant. One has a forensic practice and the associate is a psychotherapist. The position is for 20 hours a week for various administrative duties.
If you are interested, please email Janis.Walter@uc.edu for the contact information. Posted: Oct. 29, 2014.
Our law firm is a small, AV-rated firm that has been in business for 18 years. We have three attorneys, including my wife & I, plus a bi-lingual associate. Our office manager has been with us for ten years. We represent many local companies as general counsel and do a lot of Plaintiff’s employment law. We are looking for a receptionist/paralegal to start immediately. We are trying to find a good long-term match.
My wife & I graduated from the UC College of Law, and are Bearcat boosters. The qualities that are essential to me, in order of importance: Integrity, loyalty, discretion and competence. We give preference to veterans, and are an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested, please forward your resume to Janis.Walter@uc.edu for the contact information. Posted: Oct. 20.2014
Local downtown domestic relations firms is seeking a paralegal/office manager.
General duties would include:
• Light typing (much would be letters and memos)
• Envelope labels for files
• Courthouse tasks
• Telephone interaction with clients and employers
• Some direct client contact
• Preparing pleadings and subpoenas
• Basic drafting of decrees and Separation Agreements
• Document review and some research
• Setting up files and outlining client needs
If interested, please email Janis at Janis.Walter@uc.edu for contact info. POSTED: Oct. 20, 2014
Downtown law firm seeks a full-time immigration paralegal. The role requires direct contact with our clients, drafting complex immigration forms, and case management skills. An ideal candidate would also draft legal memos for attorney review. As competency in these areas increases so does the hourly wage. We like to strongly reward initiative and competence to retain good staff.
We are flexible on when the day starts and finishes, but ideally the candidate would put in a seven or eight hour day. The starting pay is $12/hour.
The position will be filled as soon as possible as we are replacing a paralegal who is available to assist in training until the end of this month. POSTED: Oct. 20, 2014
About the Job
Our office is a privately owned financial services company in Blue Ash, Ohio specializing in Legal Collections of consumer debt. We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join our team. This is a fast paced environment where team work is essential to success. We are seeking an individual with entry level civil legal experience and paralegal education that included the rules of civil process for post judgment filings. Experience in OH, KY, IN, MI and CA is preferred.
Heavy data entry
Keep current with court procedures for various jurisdictions
Update forms and fees and comply with local, state and federal rules
Research new processes for current state or new state as needed
Maintain files, working through assigned reports, consumer, garnishee and court correspondence, as well as requests
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong basic math skills
Fast Learner – readily take on new tasks/challenges with comfort and ease
Effective at multi-tasking
Proficient in EXCEL and working with database programs
Adaptable – readily modify work practices to deal with changes
Accept and seek complete responsibility for assignments
Experience with civil litigation and compliance helpful
Company offers a competitive compensation package with an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with immediately vested company match, paid time-off, company paid long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, limited FSA. Interested candidates should contact Janis Walter at Janis.Walter@uc.edu for contact information. (Posted 10/16/14)
STUDENT PARALEGAL POSITION – U.S. ATTORNEYS
Job Title: Student Trainee (Legal Assistant)
Apply directly at usajobs.gov
APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED UNTIL FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2014!!!!
Department: Department Of Justice
Agency: Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys and the Office of the U.S. Attorneys
Job Announcement Number: 15-OHS-1227981-PP
SALARY RANGE: $26,150.00 to $33,992.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 to Friday, October 10, 2014
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0999-03
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time - Internships
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 04
DUTY LOCATIONS: Cincinnati, OH
WHO MAY APPLY: Student/Internship Program Eligibles
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Public Trust - Background Investigation
FOR MORE INFO GO TO USAJOBS WEBSITE!
PARALEGAL / IRS TAX SPECIALIST SECTION 1031 / REAL ESTATE
Kelly Finance is recruiting for a Paralegal / IRS Tax Specialist to work with a boutique firm in the Blue Ash / Greater Cincinnati area. This is a great full-time opportunity to work with a growing company as a valuable asset to the organization.
An emphasis will be placed on working on facilitating financial and tax related work under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code for clients and businesses on a daily basis.
Specific work experience is obtaining and analyzing documentation/financial information used in the preparation of IRS From 8824 (Like-Kind Exchanges) and/or IRS form 4797 (Sale of Business Property) will be the majority of the position focus.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related field along with 2-4 years of professional work experience.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Authorities include but are not limited to:
--Be responsible to effectively communicate with business/clients to gather all pertinent financial information.
--Will be responsible for timely response to inquiries, IRS taxation issues and continuously learning from senior management.
--Coordinate tasks with management team as needed
Qualification to perform the job effectively:
--Characteristics: Analytical/critical thinking skills, detail orientated/multitasking abilities, professional demeanor seeking advance opportunity.
--Knowledge of the property/real estate industry, general accounting principles and the ability to effectively communicate.
--Organizational skills with good time management experience.
--Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
--Preferred 4 year college degree, Associates is ok
--Minimum 2-4 years of Paralegal responsibilities
If you have any interest in this particular position, and/or wish to have an increase in your salary, please email me directly with a copy of your most recent resume in a Word document, and I will follow up with you, to chat about more details!
FULL-TIME TEMPORARY POSITION IN COLUMBUS, OH
Full time, temporary, paid position with insurance company in Columbus, OH. Position starts ASAP and lasts 10 weeks long (covering maternity leave). It would be great experience for anyone able and interested. They are actively seeking qualified applicants right now, so anyone interested should not waste time. Email your resume directly to Professor Cory Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will pass it on to his boss. (Posted 9/3/14)
Mason law firm seeks legal assistant/paralegal Monday through Thursday to prepare pleadings, manage case files, interact with clients and perform administrative tasks. Interviews will be offered beginning September 15th with expected start date in October/November.
Please forward resume to Janis.Walter@uc.edu.
CRIMINAL LAW INTERNSHIP
We are currently looking for a paralegal intern for the fall semester. This is an unpaid position. Our office prosecutes felonies that occur within Campbell County. We have several murder cases and other more serious trials coming up this fall/winter and are in need of a paralegal intern. Someone interested in criminal law would be preferred, but any paralegal student would be considered.
If interested, please forward your resume to Janis.Walter@uc.edu.
Downtown law firm is in need of paralegal to assist attorney with his caseload. Duties will include: preparing cases for mediations and depositions, following-up with outstanding discovery requests, organizing large amounts of documents on construction cases, organizing and requesting medical records, and keeping track of upcoming dates on cases. Good organizational skills are a must.
Part-time or full-time hours will be considered.
Send resume to Janis.Walter@uc.edu for forwarding to the law firm.
FULL-TIME PARALEGAL POSITION
Dayton, Ohio - Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Excellent opportunity for a paralegal graduate in Dayton, Ohio at Wright-Patterson Air Force base. Please go to the webpage and apply directly https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/378567600
The Human Resource specialist sent this specifically as they are interested in UC main campus paralegal students.
PART-TIME LEGAL COORDINATOR
Cincinnati Works is seeking a part-time (15 hours/week) Legal Coordinator to support their programs at their Downtown location on Walnut St. This position meets with Cincinnati Works’ Members to identify legal issues hindering employment acquisition and retention and connects Members with available resources and assistance to resolve legal issue(s).
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains current information regarding the legal system through network sources including Legal Aid Society
• Works with Legal Aid Society to understand the new services available for ex-felons and to brainstorm county initiatives to aid in restoring career and social avenues available to individuals with a prior felony
• Works with County Child Support to understand initiatives by the county and courts to get non-custodial parents to pay child support and address initiatives to help indigent non-custodial parents with the consequences of not paying child support
• Researches general legal issues as well as those of individual members through court records, legal websites, articles and journals
• Meets with members weekly and via appointment to identify legal issues that impact directly and/or indirectly with finding and keeping employment
• Provides information to members about the resources that are available/not available in resolving their legal barriers
• As appropriate, connects members with Legal Aid and other agencies or third parties regarding individual legal barriers
• Facilitates weekly Legal Services module during workshop
• Reviews and discusses individual police reports with members or Employment Coaches
• Serves as role model for professional conduct and behavior
• Completes referral paperwork regarding legal issues that fall under the Legal Aid umbrella of assistance
• Prepares police reports and conviction codes for all applicants accepted into the program
• Prepares legal data for funding and operational reports as necessary
• Updates database with comments related to status of members’ legal issues
• Tracks in-house resolution of issues and Legal Aid referrals
• Bachelors’ Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
• Additional specialized course work in legal or criminal justice highly desirable
• Able to qualify and be appointed and commissioned as a Notary Public in the State of Ohio
• Knowledge or experience with legal barriers including expungement, child support, bankruptcy, housing issues, unemployment, protection orders, social security, consumer issues (e.g. hospital bills), county work support benefits
• Prepare members in the resolution of capias or open warrant issues; pending criminal charges; resolving clerical mistakes on police reports; license suspension; out-of-state issues
• Assist members with explaining criminal records to potential employers.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office modules (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Must have desire and ability to work with a diverse population
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Salary commensurate with experience and education.
• Parking Allowance
TRUSTS and ESTATES PARALEGAL - Full Time
Owner: Barry Zimmer
Status: Closed- 1/27/2014
City, region, area: Blue Ash State/province: Ohio Zip/postal code: 45242
Compensation/benefits: Low to mid $40,000 range, depending on experience. Health insurance benefits also available.
'Company Alias' to show:
Job Category: Paralegal/Legal Assistant
Our estate planning law firm is growing! We have created a new paralegal position so that we may continue to deliver great experiences and results to our clients. If you enjoy our area of practice and believe estate planning is important because of the many lives we touch and improve, then we would like to hear from you.
We are the Zimmer Law Firm, located in downtown Blue Ash, inside of 1-275. Job responsibilities will include estate-plan document preparation, delivery and execution; Living Trust funding, and assisting in probate and trust estate settlement. You will have regular and frequent client contact and meetings to deliver, execute, and explain estate plan documents. If you have experience in Medicaid cases, you may also assist in that aspect of our practice.
Please respond with a resume and cover letter that explains why this opportunity appeals to you. You may also email responses to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls or personal visits.
Education, training, experience:
We are interested in paralegals with experience or training in at least one area of our practice. We will train you in our tools and processes so that you will be successful and professionally fulfilled. This is not an entry level position. The profile of a successful candidate will include:
• Some prior experience and knowledge of substantive law in our areas of practice
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Being comfortable working one on one with clients
• Good computer and organizational skills
• Quick and self-motivated learner
• Ability to work in a team environment where processes result in the most efficient flow of work and results
• Commitment to quality work product and client service
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR – FULL-TIME
A local company is seeking a Contract Administrator at their Hyde Park office. Preferred candidates will have paralegal training, a working knowledge of purchase contracts and a general understanding of contract concepts and frameworks.
Applicants must be detail oriented, highly organized and have excellent research and communication skills. Experience using database applications and Microsoft office applications is required.
Candidate will be responsible for entering contracts for customers using a proprietary software system. Primary duties will include reviewing contracts, interpreting and classifying key contractual clauses and entering this information into a database. You will monitor contract dates and may interact with customers through voice and email communications. You may also monitor information about public companies and perform independent research to extract and archive this information into database records.
If you have a demonstrated track record of success in similar work situations, would like to join a growing, energetic company in Cincinnati, and have the right skills and abilities referenced herein we would like to talk with you about opportunities with our company.
This a full-time position with a growing company.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Paralegal Studies
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Disciplined, organized, self-reliant and motivated
- Great communications skills-oral and written
- Strong customer service orientation
- Legal or paralegal training a strong plus
- Work Schedule: M-F (9-5)
- Hours per Week: 40
- Wage/Salary: 30 – 40 K Annually
-Employment Start Date: ASA
If interested, forward your resume to Janis.Walter@uc.edu.