CURRENT JOB LISTINGS:
PARALEGAL - STUDENT TRAINEE (Paralegal Specialist)
Agency: Department of Housing and Urban Development
Hiring Organization: Office of General Counsel
Job Announcement Number: COMING SOON ON USA JOBS.
Please visit: www.usajobs.gov and create an account so you will be ready to submit your application once the job announcement is posted.
Eligibility Requirement: Please note that you must be enrolled in school long enough to be able to complete 640 hours of work at HUD during the time of your enrollment.
POC is Angela.E.Proctor@hud.gov
Duty Locations: 9 Locations:
Headquarters, Washington, DC
Oklahoma City, OK
Kansas City, KS
Who May Apply: Student/Internship Program Eligibles
This position offers Full Time and Part Time work schedules as workload and school schedules allow. The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in an accredited educational institution, on at least a half-time basis. At the successful conclusion of this program, you may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position with career ladder-potential.
Posted : 6-22-15
Unifund CCR, LLC
Paralegal – Corporate In-House
Overview: Unifund CCR, LLC is seeking a Full-time Paralegal for our Cincinnati office. This is a medium sized office with multiple attorneys who handle a variety of legal matters relating to the company, including corporate, regulatory, licensing, compliance, and litigation.
Computer Proficiencies: Strong proficiency in MS Office and Outlook.
Work Experience: The candidate should have 3 plus years of previous corporate law and/or civil litigation experience, as well as research and writing experience, proven ability as a hard worker and a person who gets along with others, and capacity to handle responsibilities with minimal supervision in a high-paced environment.
This position is for an experienced paralegal with corporate knowledge and civil procedural experience. Legal research and drafting skills a plus.
The selected candidate will possess an independent work ethic along with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and have keen attention to detail. The preferred applicant would have previous experience working in a highly-regulated industry. Familiarity with federal collection laws is a plus.
1. Provides professional support to attorneys to assure that the Company, its assets and its activities are legally safeguarded, comply with applicable laws and regulations and do not unduly expose the Company to liabilities.
2. Prepare and file annual reports and registrations for business entities.
3. Draft and monitor vendor contracts and non-disclosure agreements.
4. Administrative matters including proofreading of letters and legal documents, notarization of legal documents, organization and file maintenance.
5. Professional communication and multitasking between attorneys, company management, outside counsel, and government agencies.
6. Maintains knowledge of specific legal and regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
7. Manage consumer complaint process, including logging, responding to, monitoring, and closing complaints.
8. Monitor registered agent filings and certified mail and forward as necessary.
Title: Paralegal #6370PS
Columbus, OH-Lumen Legal has a new opportunity with a corporate client in need of a Paralegal with strong organizational and interpersonal skills for their Columbus office. Under the direct supervision of the General Counsel, this position provides legal and administrative support to the Legal Department. This position supports all aspects of the Legal Department, and has extensive interaction with, and provides support to, other areas of the company, including HR. This position also includes project management and administration responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Paralegal experience.
- Legal secretarial experience and capabilities.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work within a team and individually.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to organize and manage office administrative procedures.
Education: Paralegal certification from an accredited program and/or college degree. Preferred Experience: 7-10 years related experience.
If you, or someone you know, might be interested, click on the link below to apply.
248-597-0400 main / lumenlegal.com
1025 N. Campbell Rd.
Royal Oak, MI. 48067-1519
*Please note new direct dial number
A local law firm based in Loveland is seeking a student to work part-time in their firm. Work would include talking by phone to individuals that are prospective probate clients. It will include lots of phone & e-mail work. They are flexible on hours but in the range of 15-25 hours per week and $10-$14 per hour pay range.
If interested, please forward your resume to Janis.Walter@uc.edu for forwarding. Posted 4-13-15.
GENERAL PRACTICE PARALEGAL
Small but busy downtown Cincinnati law firm is looking for a good paralegal or experienced legal secretary. We practice in a variety of legal fields, including Debtor Bankruptcy, Divorce and Family Law, Estate Planning and Probate, Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Social Security, and Small Business representation. We need someone who is dependable, organized, detail-oriented, friendly and hard working. Good candidates with be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Pacer, Best Case and Amicus are a plus. You will have significant contact with clients, opposing attorneys, and court personnel, so people skills are also important. Starting pay depends on your level of experience and qualifications. Please email resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to: Mark@GodbeyLaw.com.
Mark E. Godbey
Godbey & Associates
708 Walnut Street, Suite 600
Cincinnati, OH 45202-2022
(513) 241-6650 – phone
(513) 241-6649 – fax
Visit our website at: www.GodbeyLaw.com
Check us out on Linked In
Follow Us on Facebook