University of Cincinnati │College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services
PO Box 210002 │Teachers/Dyer Hall │Cincinnati, Ohio 45221 │ 513-556-4307 | Help@CECH
Medical Education (Curr & Instruction)
The Online Certificate in Medical Education is a joint program of Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Division of General and Community Pediatrics, and the University of Cincinnati, College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services. It is designed to provide advanced education in the area of medical teaching and learning to health care professionals who are interested in educational pedagogy, but not educational research; those who do not wish to obtain an MEd; or those who are undecided on the full Master of Education program, and would like to start with the certificate. The Certificate may be completed concurrent with the Master's program, if desired.
LocationDistance Learning Only
DepartmentCurriculum & Instruction
College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services
ContactCincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 2011
Additional career options are listed on the Center for Exploratory Studies website.
The graduate Certificate in Medical Education consists of 12 semester credit hours in coursework drawn from the Master of Education course offerings. Students may choose the four courses that best meet their needs, but the following four courses are strongly recommended to provide an solid pedagogical overview:
- CI7080 - Curriculum Development & Evaluation in Medical Education
- CI7081 - Attitude Formation & Change in Medical Education
- CI7082 - Human & Adult Learning in Medical Education
- CI7083 - Application of Instructional Design & Technology in Medical Education
These tools assist students to identify course requirements and individual progress toward completion of academic programs. It is important to utilize these resources with personalized guidance from a UC academic advisor regularly to ensure timely graduation..My Degree Audit - for confirmed and current students
My Transfer Course Equivalencies - for students considering transfer to UC
UC Schedule of Classes - search course availability and descriptions
Curriculum Guide Versions:
- Medical Education
- CI7080, Curriculum Development & Evaluation in Medical Education, 3
- CI7081, Attitude Formation and Change in Medical Education, 3
- CI7082, Human and Adult Learning in Medical Education, 3
- CI7083, Application of Instructional Design and Technology in Medical Education, 3
- EDST7010, Statistical Data Analysis I, 3
- EDST8034, Measurement and Assessment, 3
- EDST8051, Qualitative Research Methods I, 3
The University of Cincinnati is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Effective July 1, 2011, federal regulations published in the Federal Register on October 29, 2010 [75 FR 66665 and FR 66832] by the U.S. Department of Education require postsecondary institutions that participate in the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended, to disclose to prospective students certain information about the institution's GE Programs.
Generally, GE Programs include:
- At public and private not-for-profit institutions: Title IV-eligible non-degree programs (e.g., certificate and diploma programs).
- At for-profit institutions: All Title-IV eligible instructional programs, degree and non-degree.