Stay Connected with CECH
SoIT Teams Up with Warren County Schools
A New Pathway Partnership has been announced between the School of Information Technology and high school districts in Warren County.
The Warren County Career Center is hosting the official signing for a joint partnership with the University of Cincinnati School of Information Technology (UC SoIT) and various high school districts in Warren County. The signing will take place on Monday, December 11, 2017, at 9:00 A.M., and attendance is open. The Pathway consists of partnership agreements between UC SoIT and the Lebanon, Kings, Little Miami, and Springboro School Districts as well as the Warren County Career Center.
Under this new agreement, students at each of these schools will have an opportunity to complete the first year of the UC BSIT program during their high school years. Those who receive a C or above will receive automatic admission to the UC School of Information Technology and have an opportunity to complete the following in just 4 years after high school:
- Complete 20 months of paid work experience (co-op) - with an option to start the summer immediately after graduating from high school
- Earn an ABET-accredited BSIT degree
- Earn one of these Masters degrees:
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Masters of Science in Information Technology (MSIT)
- Masters of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI)
- Masters of Science in Instructional Design and Technology (MS-IDT)
Academically ambitious students can complete the above in only 3 years after high school, by completing one additional year of the BSIT degree while in high school. This unique partnership is supported through existing partnerships with Sinclair College in Mason, Ohio.