Stay Connected with CECH
Professional Cohort Admissions Information
Professional Cohort Admissions Requirements
The CECH Professional Cohort is a group of students enrolled in education courses leading to licensure in their respective programs. Admission into the Professional Cohort occurs during the sophomore year for all education majors and begins the following fall semester for those who are admitted. The maximum number of seats available in each cohort varies each year.
Admission is competitive!
Minimum requirements for consideration are:
- Official documentation of passing scores on Praxis Core exam (Reading: 156, Writing: 162, Math: 150) OR waiver for scores of 22-ACT or 1080-SAT scores (math/verbal combined score)
- Minimum GPA:
- Early Childhood Education: 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Middle Childhood Education: 2.8 cumulative GPA and 2.6 in each licensure content area
- Secondary Education: 2.8 cumulative GPA and 2.8 in content licensure area
- Special Education: 2.8 cumulative GPA and 2.5 in each HQT area
**Please note that cumulative GPA includes all transfer work**
- Satisfactory academic course completion toward the degree
- Acceptable Good Moral Character and Conduct Form completion (submitted as part of the application to cohort)—Students who have been cited or arrested for any legal offense greater than a minor traffic violation must disclose to their advisor
- An updated BCI/FBI background check
Applying to the Professional Cohort
Applications for admission to professional cohort are submitted to the School of Education and reviewed by faculty within the program selected. Program faculty determine the number of students the program can support in the upcoming cohort and review applications to determine student admission. Admission acceptance or denial is determined and communicated to students by the program faculty, not through CECH Student Services.
The online application must be received by the School of Education, located in 615 Teachers-Dyer Complex, by February 3, 2017.