|Other Programs That May Interest You|
|Educational Studies, Ph.D
|Curriculum and Instruction, M.A.Ed
|Literacy and Second Language Studies, M.A.Ed
|School of Education's Graduate Programs and Majors
Our Master of Art in Educational Studies is a multi-disciplinary graduate degree program designed to provide you with greater understanding of the foundations of education, learning, development, and research in education and social change. Choose between three concentrations: Educational Psychology and Child Study, Applied Research Methods, and Foundations of Education and Social Change.
The program, with the choice of a concentration, will help you:
- Gain expertise in developmental learning sciences (human learning and development as well as cognitive and developmental psychology) and the developmental study of children in the Educational Psychology and Child Study concentration.
- Learn the understanding, application and development of quantitative methodologies and/or mixed research as tools to gather evidence in the field of education and other social and behavioral sciences in the Applied Research Methods concentration.
- Expand your knowledge in the cultural, historical, and social foundations of education and educational and community-based action research in the Foundations of Education and Social Change concentration. Focus on practitioner inquiry in educational and organizational settings or community-based action research and take courses that reflect the broad interdisciplinary nature of action research.
Find out more about the graduate Educational Studies curriculum.
The program offers courses in the following areas of concentration:
- Educational Psychology and Child Study
- Applied Research Methods
- Foundations of Education and Social Change