Blended and Online Learning and Teaching (BOLT) Certificate
Blended and online learning are two areas in education and training that are growing at a tremendous pace. Teachers and trainers need to be skilled in both the design of instruction and the use of technology tools for blended and online learning. In the Blended and Online Teaching and Learning (BOLT) certificate program, students will gain the necessary knowledge of instructional design and skills in technology tools to be innovators in this field. In this spirit, the BOLT certificate is offered completely online.
The Blended and Online Learning and Teaching graduate certificate is applicable to a wide range of educational environments including K-12, higher education, medical education, public education, and corporate training. Instructors in this certificate are current practitioners and leaders in the field, and course materials and activities incorporate the overarching methodology and latest trends in blended and online teaching and learning. Students will experience online learning first hand and practice the skills needed to succeed in the online teaching and learning in every stage of their coursework.
Career possibilities include:
- K-12 online instructor
- Higher education online instructor
- Corporate online trainer
- Online learning content developer
- Technology professional development coordinator
- E-learning consultant
- Educational technology specialist
Sr. Academic Advisor
Online Graduate Programs/Certificates
College of Education, Criminal Justice, & Human Services
Suite 615 Teachers College
PO Box 210022
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0022
By graduation, you will be able to understand the nature of blended and online learning, how it differs from traditional teaching approaches, and the challenges and benefits of teaching and learning in the blended and online environment.
Specific program objectives include:
- Apply learning theories and sound pedagogical practices to the instructional design and development process.
- Apply a systematic process to design instructional strategies that meet identified learning contexts and needs.
- Create authentic, technology-mediated learning experiences.
- Evaluate learning technologies and strategies using a variety of methods.
- Analyze current research and emerging trends in the area of learning technologies.
- Develop strategies to encourage active learning, application, interaction, participation, and collaboration in online and blended environments.
- Facilitate effective learning in online and blended learning environments.
- Demonstrate mastery of contemporary learning technologies.
- Explain the instructional delivery continuum, including associated strengths and affordances.
- Remain cognizant of the diversity of student academic needs and make appropriate accommodations.
- Provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards.
Find out more about the Blended and Online Learning and Teaching Certificate curriculum.
Learn more about the BOLT application.
Learn more about the IDT program.