Advancement and Transition Services
ATS changes lives!
Every individual possesses unique power, potential, and purpose. UC’s Advancement & Transition Services programs help young people and adults with a wide range of intellectual and developmental disabilities discover and fulfill their purpose. Transition services is about more than managing life on campus. It’s about young people and adults realizing their full potential and taking their places in the world – a world that is enriched through their contributions.
Our targeted wellness, learning, academic, and employment programs transform lives by helping individuals establish greater independence and achieve their personal, social, and professional goals.
Established in 2014 and nested within the University of Cincinnati’s College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (CECH), ATS offers a vibrant and engaging learning experience that enriches lives and launches careers. Our inclusive community offers access to UC facilities and guidance from committed faculty, staff, and peer mentors who are passionate about the gifts and abilities of every individual.
ATS programs address the specialized needs of individuals as they transition from high school through adulthood to help them gain life skills, work skills, and ultimately more independent and fulfilled lives.
Collaboration Employment & Education Synergy (CEES)
- High school students
- Ages 14-21
- Develops vocational and social skills for increased independence
Transition & Access Program (TAP)
- 4-year college experience
- post high school, residential
- Academics, vocational internships, social life, and college campus living
- Year-round program
- Lifelong learning, health and wellness, and vocational exploration
Meet our Director
Community Partners & Employment
- We offer carefully supervised educational & workplace experiences that prepare participants to be engaged contributors to the community.
- Learn more about ATS' upcoming events and news about our programs.
Stay Connected with ATS