Center for Hope And Justice Education
The Center for Hope & Justice Education (CHJE) and the Teaching for Hope and Justice Network (THJN) support inquiry-based professional development by uniting teachers and students with community and university educators in an effort to bring about more humane and inclusive educational practices.
The Center for Hope & Justice Education is a grassroots collaborative effort in the Cincinnati region to support teachers and students in leading the change for more meaningful schooling, teaching, and learning practices. It believes in the power of teacher and student knowledge and ideas. Learn more about our story, meet our dedicated advisory board and “UC Hope”, an initiative to create opportunities for student research projects
The Center for Hope and Justice Education aims to support university educators in an effort to bring about more humane and inclusive educational practices. We provide web resources available for download including social justice projects for the classroom, information regarding the Freedom Writers and articles regarding education.
CHJE and THJN partners…
- Believe that social justice work in schools is a priority for the health and well-being of our communities and region.
- Believe teachers and students need more time and spaces to network with each other and with community resources to bring about classroom, school, and community change.
- Believe that we should learn through and from our diversity.
- Create more opportunity for positive stories from Cincinnati area schools to be written, told, and listened to.
- Create a transformative educational network for the region that supports improved student and teacher learning, relationships, and achievement through regional partnerships and asset-sharing experiences.
CECH Justice Initiatives
Center for Hope and Justice Education Partners
- the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- Center for Holocaust & Humanity Education
- Mayerson Service Learning
- Human Foundations Institute
- Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Women Writing for a Change
- Hughes High School
- Hughes Freedom Writers
- Freedom Writers Institute
- University of Cincinnati and the College of Education, Criminal Justice and Human Services
- Center for Service Learning & Civic Engagement
- Center for Studies in Jewish Education & Culture
- Action Research Center
- Center for Community Engagement
- Center for Race, Gender, & Social Justice (CoL)
- Xavier University
- Center for Interfaith Community Engagement
- Miami University